[Preston] Loopback filesystems

dave sawyer dave.sawyer at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 2 12:50:33 BST 2004

After the meeting last night, i'm having a play with the encrypted loopback
filesystems that John was talking about.

I can get it to do everything except encrypting the data. (slight drawback?)

Although the losetup command gives me several crypto options, I can't get it
to actually accept a password and encrypt the data.

Any ideas?  I think there may possibly be a kernel module missing but as a
thickie, don't know exactly how to check - tried modprobe -c (think it was)
which lists the modules installed, but this shows encryption modules are
already loaded.

Dave.