[Preston] Getting Fedora to Work

Rob Hall rhall at wincommander.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 22:20:55 GMT 2005

If you want the stability of Red Hat Enterprise without the corresponding price tag you might try looking at the numerous recompiles around such as WhiteBox Enterprise Linux, http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/, or Centos, http://www.centos.org/. I've personally used White Box in a commercial environment and found it to be very stable and (so far) fully compatible with any and all RH EL packages (both commercial and open source offerings). That said Red Hat EL + alternatives are by no means at the cutting edge of Linux offerings and as such you may have problems with newer hardware not being supported by the supplied kernels.

--
Best regards,
 Rob                            mailto:rhall at wincommander.co.uk