[Preston] Centos

Garry Taylor TaylorG at southport-college.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 16:54:45 GMT 2005

First don't use FTP use SFTP
Second don't use Telnet use SSH
you know why..

Try to see if your http server (normally Apache) is running.

# cat /etc/init.d/httpd status

also try http://127.0.0.1 to see if you web server displays the welcome
screen

>>> johnc at ukzone.com 11/1/2005 16:28:26 >>>
I have installed centos as a server but I am having some problems.
I want to use it as an Internet server. I have setup a couple of
domains but all I get is Page Cannot Be Displayed.
However, I can ftp and ssh into the box.
I have iptables setup to allow ports 80, 25, 22, 21,53.
When I try telnet 82.68.28.37 80 I get:
Trying 82.68.28.37...
telnet: connect to address 82.68.28.37: Connection refused

When I try telnet 82.68.28.37 25 I get:
Trying 82.68.28.37...
Connected to 82.68.28.37.
Escape character is '^]'.

Has anybody any ideas why connection is being refused ???

Thanks,

John C

  Check out our British Country Music Web Sites

        http://www.countrymusic.org.uk
        http://www.bcmi-radio.co.uk

        Over 70,000 visitors a week