[Preston] Fedora Core3

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 15:14:56 GMT 2005

Microsoft Windows can be very picky about where it's installed. If it's
still there on a partition I'd have thought you'd be able to access it
somehow. How about booting from the XP install CD and doing a 'Repair'
(never tried it myself) or booting from a, say, Knoppix CD and then
running Lilo or Grub to recreate the MBR, or as Phil suggests, trying
FDISK /MBR from a DOS boot.

I've got a multi-boot system (Debian, XP) and knowing how touchy
Microsoft can be I took some advice from the UK linux newsgroup that I
found useful. Don't know if it'd be any help but you can find it at
http://snipurl.com/bze7

Good Luck!