[Preston] Fedora Core3

Ian Entwistle entwisi at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 13 20:04:54 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 18:21 +0000, Granville Cousins wrote:

> I eventually had to reinstall Fedora Core 1 and everything is as it
> was before I tried the Fedora Core 3 installation. I am quite
> disappointed though as the only installation of Linux on my machine
> that really performed was RH9. I am under the impression that in order
> to really go far with Linux it would be better to acquire a machine
> with a Linux installed and in full working order. I know that this is
> probably cutting out allot of learning but in the long run it would be
> less time consuming and that is how I became familiar with Windows in
> that I more or less started from a fully working installation.
>
> What next????

Granville, You really seem to have a lot of problems mate.  Where abouts
do you live, Maybe if there is someone local who would be willing to pop
round and guide you through it.

Just an approximate area to start with, anyone local can get your
address from you via private email.

I really have never met anyone who has been through so many distros with
such problems. Can you post what sort of hardware is in your machine? Is
there something weird?

--
Ian Entwistle <entwisi at dsl.pipex.com>