[Preston] Re: Preston Digest, Vol 53, Issue 2

Robert Reynolds unixbob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:53:23 GMT 2005

a connect refused is either the iptables dropping the connection or
the webserver process isnt' running

Assuming you are running Apache:
1) is httpd running on the box?  i.e. has it actually started.
Sometime an apachectl start won't return an error even though it won't
start the server.  The log specified in the ErrorLog directive will
explain why it won't start

2) If it is running then which IP's / ports have you configured apache
to listen on?  Have you setup the BindAddress or Listen directive so
that apache is listening for connections on 82.68.28.37 for port 80

try a netstat -a to show which processes are bound to which IP's /
ports.  That might help track down why it's misbehaving

Regards

Rob