[Preston] Orinoco PCMCIA compatible aerials

Roger Longworth roger at microloft.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 07:24:04 BST 2005

Hi Adam

It depends what type of aerial (antenna) you're after. If its for war
driving (shame on you!) then mag mounts are probably the best. Try ebay
again and search on article number 5779091116

I have bought 3 different ones off ebay and this is the best by far. It
comes complete with an MC connector on the end so no need for a pig tail.
The wire is quite substantial so will survive being trapped by the window

The model I've pointed out is the 7.8dBi one and is about 10 inch tall. The
guy also does a 5dBi model that is about 4 inch high but inferior build
quality

Note that this connector works with the orinoco cards but not cisco cards
(I've not found an aerial for those yet)

If you want to have a look at mine (cheeky!) then give me a shout

Roger