[Preston] Orinoco PCMCIA compatible aerials

Adam Stirland ratbert at f2s.com
Sat Jul 16 18:39:18 BST 2005

Thanks for the info.  The one on ebay is good.
I don't require a mag mounted one as I won't be using it with a car.  It
is mainly for getting a better signal at home (on my own network) and in
my local area (lots of interesting AP's around my house).

I don't see the point in skimping on price, just to end up with a low
quality aerial.  I'm after an omni that's around 8dBi and that is of
decent build quality.  I'd also prefer it to connect to the card
directly without converters so that I lose as little signal strength &
quality as possible.

I've spotted some decent ones on ebay that ship from the US.  I'll
probably have a good look through those.

Adam.

BTW- Ubuntu have sent me 9 copies of Ubuntu Linux, 3 for x86, 3 for AMD
64 and 3 for PPC.  Only took 2 weeks.  Brilliant service, especially as
they are freebies.