[Preston] Meeting on Wednesday 4th May

Stephen stephenjohnson at ournetworkismadeofstring.co.uk
Tue May 3 08:27:34 BST 2005

The problem is that Novel Boarder manager and the evil it is has a problem
with the refresh header it sends to the web browser (it being no standard).
This means that all other browser don't understand or even allow it. If the
uni where to upgraded to the new version which has this problem fixed then
other browsers except i.e could authenticate with it.
The only way at the moment to login to the uni network is to user crossover
office or wine to run IE and then after this use your browsers of choice or
to intercept a session which is currently underway and then change your ip
to this and Boarder manager in all its greatest will allow you through the
firewall.
At the moment I am planning to write a Active portal like boarder manager
and would love input into how you thing would be the best way to implement
this. I was thinking PHP with mysql to store the users the only problem with
this is then you can't tie it into a active directory ldap environment very
easily. Then I could you radius but it's a pain in the arse to authenticate
against a radius server with PHP. You wondering what everyone's thoughts
are.
Just wondering who is turning up to the meet I would firstly like to give
mine and gareth apologies for the lack of attendance this month but we have
had a lot of uni work to complete and we promise to turn up this month as we
have a major wireless project underway and like your input on this project
at the moment we are just implementing the back end but your input would
help. Thanks Steve