[Preston] webmin and stuff

Robert Reynolds unixbob at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:36:52 BST 2005

Jeremy

The old way of doing a common authentication method is to use a NIS server.

Recently LDAP has started to gain ground authentication mechanism,
because it's less obtuse than NIS and is more interoperable with other
clients (eg clients like Evolution or Outlook can query an LDAP
server).

If you are interested in NIS I've got a PDF of an O'Reilly book which
may help (not sure what LDAP docs I've got)

Regards

Rob