[Preston] Re: Goodbye cruel GUI

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Thu May 12 16:32:31 BST 2005

Wow,

Thanks to everyone who's replied for all the suggestions and links.  I
have now got a bookmarks ``folder'' in Firefox full of interesting stuff
(shame on me, graphical browser, hehe).

Due to all of the cool stuff that has been suggested, the only thing
stopping me now is the lack of that scanning tunnelling electron
microscope.  I would like to go completely text-based for some time, if
only to fall back eventually to multiple terminals in X, however, due to
the font size issue I may be forced to re-think that one.  I'll keep
looking anyway and hopefully find something and be able to start using
it after the impending finals.

Thanks again; I can see this is going to be a positive turning point in
my transmogrification from 'dozian (c.2002) to reasonably normal Linux
power user (2002-2005) to ``1337 g33k'' :-).

BTW, http://www.textfiles.com/ is a great site, forgot to mention that
before.  Lots of interesting 'net history captured there.

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>