[Preston] Modem Troubles

Horsley, Andy (UK) andy.horsley at baesystems.com
Wed Nov 2 10:35:45 GMT 2005

Dear Guy/Damian,

Many thanks for the suggestions. I got so confused with all the settings
that had I tried and which didn't work that I have now done a complete
re-install of Sarge so I am starting afresh. I will let you know if
using pppconfig solves the problem. The strange thing was that placing
noauth in the /etc/ppp/options file did stop the connection from
crashing. However the problem of resolving the URLs and actually
accessing the web pages did still exist. You could not even access a web
page by typing in its IP address directly.

Regards

Andy Horsley