[Preston] WIFI Bridge

Krishna Rao k.rao at virgin.net
Wed Nov 9 22:55:11 GMT 2005

I was in a simillar situation once and I bought a Linksys router and
changed to SVEASOFT firmware. This firmware allows use as a bridge, router
or access point. Most routers cannot be used as bridges.
I would recommend you this solution. You would then have a switch with
wireless bridge.
Krishna
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:31:39 -0000, Garry Taylor
<TaylorG at southport-college.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have just moved into a new place and need to connect my computers to
> a WIFI connection. I have a Linux and Windows computer connected to a
> switch. My question is this, is there a way of connecting the Switch to
> a WIFI point that will then connect to my WIFI router?
> This would solve having WIFI cards in both computers.
>
> Giz

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.