[Preston] Modem Troubles

Guy Heatley guy.heatley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:07:07 BST 2005

Instead of using Kppp you could try "pppconfig". This has a text
interface for set-up but is quite straightforward to use.

#apt-get install pppconfig

You may need to run it as root, and add your normal user to the
"dialup" group when it is configured.

I have had strange issues in the past with Kppp on Debian.

Check out the "noauth" option in /etc/ppp/options and this bug report:

I think this is probably what you have encountered...

--
Guy