[Preston] F/OSS VoIP?

Matthew T. Atkinson matthew at agrip.org.uk
Mon Sep 19 15:51:27 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 17:50 +0100, Guy Heatley wrote:
> I too have been searching for such a thing. The closest I have come to
> this so far is Gizmo:
> http://www.gizmoproject.com/
> But sadly, it doesn't appear to be (as far as I can tell) F/OSS. They
> do release DEB packages though.
> I haven't actually tried this software - because it wasn't free.
> :-(

No, doesn't look to be F/OSS; shame.

There used to be the almighty SpeakFreely -- but just before this all
got really popular, development was cancelled.  Supposedly because of
the difficulties of NAT and stuff like that.

The project was taken up by a number of other groups, but I don't know
which are still active and which is the best to use.  If anyone does,
please let us know!

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew at agrip.org.uk>