Antw: Re: [Preston] Forthcoming Linux meetings

Michael Bach mbach at uclan.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 12:48:31 GMT 2006

Ho ho ho,
Happy new year everybody!

I won't be back in Preston until Thursday, hence will miss (really
really miss!) the wednesday beer you guys are up to.

About the Presentation I'm going to give in Feb:

I still have to prepare some things for the serial port. However, I
intend to show some hardware that connects to an rs232. That will be a
simple device to bring the serial bit-stream to an 8-bit parallel output
(something I build years ago when I was an elec. eng. undergrad) and a
multimeter to take whatever readings into a computer.
Further will come simple stuff on a parallel port. Programming
individual bits of the parallel output to control led's and relais for
example, then enhancing this by incoroporating the control
registers/pins. I show this this with some led's first and then comes
the robot arm.

In terms of programming all this, there will only be simple C programs.

have fun,
Mike.

-------------------------------------
Michael Bach
Applied Digital Signal and Image Processing Research Centre
University of Central Lancashire
PR1 2HE Preston, UK
Office: +44 1772 893265
Mobile: (UK) +44 793 1158931
Mobile: (DE) +49 162 7430906
>>> guy.heatley at gmail.com 09.01.06 23.47 >>>
Hey hey! Beer on Weds it is then!
I'm not sure if Mike is back from Deutschland yet...
--
Guy

<preston at mailman.lug.org.uk>

New York Times, July 25, 2002