[Preston] Forthcoming Linux meeting

Michael Bach mbach at uclan.ac.uk
Sun Jan 29 13:36:32 GMT 2006

Hi stephen,
there is a plan for the next meeting. I am going to talk about
interfacing hardware on the serial and parallel port. That's not so much
about modem and printers but rather for homebrew hardware.
That's what's going to come:
-Qucik intro into ports on linux and how to work with them.
-Serial device to output 8-bit data parallel
-Digital multimeter on the serial port
-Simple parallel interface, output eight bit
-Robot interface, with a real robot arm
-Simple Digital to analogue converter
-Simple circuits for the parallel port for home automation
-Eight bit input device on the parallel port
-Extending the parallel port to a multiple eight bit output device
-Beer :-)

The indy the indy, it's not forgotten. I talk to guy, is any day ok for
you guys?

Mike

-------------------------------------
Michael Bach
Applied Digital Signal and Image Processing Research Centre
University of Central Lancashire
PR1 2HE Preston, UK
Office: +44 1772 893265
Mobile: (UK) +44 793 1158931
Mobile: (DE) +49 162 7430906

>>> stephenjohnson at ournetworkismadeofstring.co.uk 29/01/2006 00:56:51

Just wondering if anyone is giving a talk and if not I'm sure I can
nock
something up.
As well as this just wondering if anyone making plans to go to dns con
this
yea. Yes I know it's in miles away (in time) not so much in space (in
blackpool) but I missed it for the last 3 years so just trying to make
sure
I defo don't miss it this year.
Any finally Guy Michel I cant believe u aint been round for that indy
reinstalling and a few beers yet.