[Preston] Work opportunities available

Walter James wlj477 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 5 18:21:25 GMT 2006

Hi Andrew,

 My present work (Full-time MSc student at UCLAN) fully ties my up on Mondays and Tuesdays.  Other than that, and if you think I'm up to it, I can probably help you with your clients.  I'm mostly a Linux/PHP/MySQL person (since Red Hat 5.1) and my Windows skills (a little VB.NET through what I'm studying now) might just be passable.

 I can be called on 01772 465628 or 0161 408 0500 anytime after Tuesday onwards, after 3:30 on Mondays or after 8:00pm on Tuesdays.  I'll be happy for you to check me out any of these times.

 Kind regards,

 Walter James.

Andrew King <andrew at key21.co.uk> wrote: Hello all,

A colleague of mine has general IT work available for around one day a
week at a number of primary schools.  Extreme patience with users and a
good grasp of basic Windows network troubleshooting (knowledge of NT
domains, basic AD implementations, and general hardware, Windows XP and
Office troubleshooting) would be adequate.  This will be around £10/hour
but could eventually lead to more than one day a week.

Another colleague of mine has some occasional contract work available
administering a number of internal production Linux servers.  All of the
servers run Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and most of the work can be done
via a Cisco VPN connection, although there could be odd days (perhaps
once a year) onsite.  Several parties are involved (my contact, the
software company who provide and support the main application, the IT
department of the organisation, and the hardware suppliers), but this
role essentially ties them all together and looks after all the things
that they'll deny responsbility for.  I had previously done this for
£25/hour but I'm unable to carry on as they often need work doing at
short or no notice which doesn't fit into the schedule very well.

And finally, I'm looking for someone shithot to start looking after many
of my own clients for me.  I already have more clients than I can handle
and so have started raising rates and firing some of them, but I have
lately joined forces with someone who is generating a lot more work.  As
a minimum we're looking for someone who is smart, self motivated,
trustworthy, well presented, able to work as a team, able to speak their
mind, give and receive constructive criticism in equal amounts, doesn't
have an attitude, never gets mad with clients even when explaining
something for the eighth time, and has extensive experience at both
Windows and network troubleshooting.  Almost all of the clients are
small businesses who just want someone reliable they can call upon.  So
far I've been able to find no-one suitable who would be interested -
everyone who has been interested had something wrong with them.  If we
can find the right person then we can guarantee that the rewards would
be high - plenty of work, good pay and bonuses, flexibility, a lot of
good people to work with, and plenty to learn.

Feel free to get in touch if you're interested in any of the above, know
someone else who might be, or want more info.

--
Andrew
andrew at key21.co.uk
07843 580204