[Preston] PLUG meeting this Tuesday: Configuring Exim, the (EX)perimental (I)nternet (M)ailer

Guy Heatley guy.heatley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 00:39:58 BST 2006

Hi!
Most of the World's email is delivered via Exim and apparently its the
most popular Internet based application.

I though that because there seemed to be interest in the topic of Exim
we could hold a meeting about it.
I have been lent a copy of this book:

http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book/

and intend to have finished reading the 3rd chapter by Tues.

The Uni's mails system runs on Exim so I know people who can probably
clear up most problems, provided we can articulate them clearly
enough.

I'll bring the book and a laptop running Debian, so we could look at
how Internet email works and then home in on the details of Exim.

So if you know anything about Exim or just want to know how email
works "under the hood" come along.

I have to admit that I have never set up Exim before so its new ground
for me as well.

Meet at:
CM018 (or CM006 across the corridor)
C&T Building
Fylde Rd (opp Students Union)
UCLan
Preston
for 7:30pm

Drinks afterwards at the Greyfriars on Friargate at 9pm

Cheers!
--
Guy

Stand up for freedom: Switch to GNU/Linux.
'Microsoft warned today that the era of ''open computing,''
the free exchange of digital information that has defined the
personal computer industry, is ending.'
New York Times, July 25, 2002