[Preston] exim expert?

Guy Heatley guy.heatley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:50:27 BST 2006

We have no topic for the next PLUG meeting so what about "Configuring Exim"?

(Exim is a email server)
I know at least one man who sounds like he would be interested in this ;-)

I hasten to add I personally have never had anything to do with Exim,
but there's a couple of people in the University Information Systems
who make it work for the Uni email system.

I have already borrowed the official book from one (Thanks Pam) which
I can bring to the meeting.
I don't know if either of them would like to come to the meeting or
not, but we could get our collective Linux conciousness together as
PLUG, and any unanswered questions at the end of the meeting could be
referred to them.

So, if you have any interest at all in running your own mail server:
1) Try to find out as much as you can about Exim between now and next week.
2) Come to the meeting on Tues 3rd October and be prepared to explain
your interpretations of the way the Exim system works.
3) Note down any config details that your find difficult to understand.

Remember: this a collective attempt to educate ourselves about a new
topic. There may or may not be people at the meeting who can answer
your questions!

I'll try to bring a computer we can mess about with.

Cheers!
--
Guy