[Preston] January PLUG meeting

Guy Heatley guy.heatley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 16:43:56 GMT 2007

Hello,
I hope everyone had a good Xmas break. Here's wishing you a HNY.

Instead of meeting tomorrow, as is the 1st Tuesday custom, let us meet
a week tomorrow instead (09/01/07).
In that way we have a little time to recover from the New Year bash.

Probably more of the little compact flash gadget at the next meeting.

BTW I have made the aquaintance of a new chap at the University who is
using an embedded form of Debian built into some robotic things, as
part of a research project. He seems new to Linux and I have advised
him to join our ranks if he wants some free Linux support.

Maybe we could all learn more about embedded Linux systems if he is
prepared to describe his project to us.
--
Guy

Stand up for freedom: Switch to GNU/Linux.
'Microsoft warned today that the era of ''open computing,''
the free exchange of digital information that has defined the
personal computer industry, is ending.'
New York Times, July 25, 2002