[Preston] first tue of month meeting.

Neil Forshaw princeneil2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 19:31:58 BST 2007

Any ideas of the subject? If no ones got any good
ideas I was thinking of doing a "why VIM aint grim"
lecture however i suspect ill mainly be preaching to
the converted or other peeps are in the Emacs camp.
Then again im sure alot of people can contribute to
the lecture cause there's so much with Vim.

Also I'm thikning of getting a laptop so I need some
recommendations. Tinternet seems to usually have
conflicting opinions so ill just go with you lot.
Basically Im not after the latest greatest super fast
one

- 512mb to 1024mb single core processor is more than
enough

- I don't wanna do too much faffin just to get it to
work.

- Heaviest thing i'll prob do on it is record music
onto it ( probably using ardour ).

- Wireless would be nice but not essential.

- Not too concerned about price (unless it's silly
pricy)

- Quiet ( though I suspect most laptops are anyway )

- Not too boshed about battery life

 I would probably be using Ubuntu Studio on it. Any
recommendations? Any brands or models I should avoid
like the plague? Any safe bets?