[Preston] Tuesday meeting - LaTeX

Guy Heatley guy.heatley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:25:03 BST 2007

Anyone interested in meeting up tomorrow (Tues)?

I have an idea to present some details about LaTeX, which is a
document preparation system, and also txt2tags which is a similar
system which is a little easier to get to grips with.

I'm afraid if you were thinking along the lines of rubber fetishism
you may be slightly disappointed ... but you should become delirious
with excitement again when you see the myriad of type-setting
possibilities presented by the LaTeX system!

If you ever need to write a report that has any of these features:-
a) numbered sections
b) mathematical equations
c) embedded references to other documents i.e. citations

LaTeX could make your life easier. txt2tags is quite usefull as well

So: 19:30, Room CM018, C&T building, opp. Students Union, Fylde Rd, Preston
Down the pub afterwards at 21:00 at the Greyfriar.

Cheers!
--
Guy

Stand up for freedom: Switch to GNU/Linux.
'Microsoft warned today that the era of ''open computing,''
the free exchange of digital information that has defined the
personal computer industry, is ending.'
New York Times, July 25, 2002