[Preston] Ideas for the future

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Sat Apr 12 20:10:00 BST 2008

Hi Gena,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 08:00:12PM +0100, Georgina wrote:
> Exactly, wasn't this what I was trying to say initially?  You expressed the
> security advantage of Open ID in a few lines.  Which raises the question is
> there enough material for a LUG meeting?

Bearing in mind I'm not the one proposing to do the demo, so I
wouldn't like to presume how they would do it..

However if I were then I would probably start by describing it, as I
just did.  Then I would move on to demonstrating how anyone with a
website can be their own OpenID provider (role D in the text below).
If there were still time then I might show how this can be
integrated with popular web applications such as Wordpress blog
software.

The fact that anyone with an existing web site can be an OpenID
provider, and anyone with an existing web application (e.g. a blog)
can authenticate by OpenID means that there should be ample material
for demonstrations.

Not having Internet access would prove to be a bit of a stumbling
block however.  I don't know if your meetings do have that
available.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB