[Lancaster] Lancaster Meeting -- was: [Fwd: RE: [Preston] meeting]

Mark Williams llug at lodestar.icom43.net
Fri Jul 11 23:50:59 BST 2008

Hi,
(Excuse the deliberate xposting); I'm the admin for the Lancaster Lug mailing
list. I've been minding the shop since the lug slipped into (mostly) inactivity,
and waiting for people to turn up wanting to fire it up again. I'm interested
myself, but unwilling/unable to put much time in - there are at least a few
people on the list that I think would be keen; there has been a little
discussion in rl.

There are also people with the logins for the website www.lancaster.lug.org.uk
(hi, Darren and Martyn). I've got the access to the lug.org.uk server. So, what
with the people already on the list there is a base to start from.

Mark Williams

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 09:00:08AM +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:
> @Lancaster
> There's been some discussion about arranging a meeting in Lancaster, on
> the Preston LUG list
>
> On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 14:37 +0000, Wayne ward wrote:
> > Hello,   when is the next meeting in preston?
> > Im trying to start a new lug in lancaster as there doesnt seem to be
> > any activity in the current one?  please drop me a email if your in
> > the lancaster area
>
> Wayne hasn't been able to post to this (Lancaster) list so I
> forward it here to try and join up the two groups of Free Software
> users interested in meeting in Lancaster :-)
>
> @Preston
> Lancaster LUG is still going. There are at least /some/ mailing
> list posts every month :^)
>
> /me wonders if no-one else is on both lists...
>
> @both
> (btw Liverpool LUG are discussing some sort of grouping to
> keep NW LUGs in touch with each other, which may be useful :)
>
> @Lancaster
> Some more of the conversation below.

dragon on the quay lancaster so we don't disturb the 1st monday night at the
preston lug.
> I had a look at your site mark and noticed you have some vax dec items on your
site which could be intresting to talk about aswell!!
> If anyone else is intrested please let us know..
> Ive tried to use the old lancaster lug mailing list but it doesnt seem to
work?
> Im not sure if anyone on here knows anyway to get a email out to the old
lancaster lug email addresses..  ill keep trying.