[Preston] The next meeting ...

Guy Heatley guy.heatley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 11:30:06 GMT 2008

Hello!
I'd like to present the next meeting on the subject of encryption of
removable storage devices e.g. thumb drives, external usb harddrives
etc. The idea is that if these devices are lost or stolen the data held
therein remains safe.

This topic will cover:-
the kernel device mapper plus the cryptographic features now built into
the Linux kernel (dm-crypt)
The Linux Unified Key structure (luks)
UDEV - so removable devices appear at predictable device nodes in the
filesystem.

The only problem is, I'm not here next Tuesday! Because of this I'd like
to do it the Tuesday after (the 11th) instead.

I hope anyone wanting to come along can deal with this change!

So, Its in the usual place - CM018, UCLan C&T building, Fylde Rd, Preston
But NOT the usual date - 11th March 08 @7:30 pm - The 2nd tuesday rather
than the 1st.
(Drinks afterwards in the Greyfriar @ 9pm ish)

Hope to see you there!