[Preston] April meeting

Georgina gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 17:14:03 BST 2008

Hi Guy and all

I wouldn't want to get in the way of a man and his beer! <smiles>  But I
don't have any ideas of a specific topic for demonstration.  However, I
wondered if you could have a workshop type session?  Without any guarantees,
well only to brake it! <giggles>

I've just built a computer and I can't build a kernel for it.  I've got
Fedora 8 and debian installed.  We could time the booting time between the
two distros and if we can crack the kernel issue, we can time that boot
time.  My problem is that the board has a Nvidia chipset.  I've never had an
issue with arch=i386 Via chipsets but this arch=AMD64 Nvidia is driving me
crazy.

Regards

Gena