[Preston] Whoops - last minute meeting topic!

Josh Hall westwoodpnefc at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 20 13:46:30 BST 2008

Well, iv thought about it a bit recently and read up on the RIPA laws. If they can a) prove your drive is encrypted and you know the password b) you have data they want then they can "request" your keys. By request i mean threaten you with up to 2 years jail time if you dont give them up.

I think if you used a bare encryption (i.e. what that you would have to specify the encryption type on loading) they would find it difficult. and impossible if you managed a shred /dev/hda1 :p

But yea, a grsec configuration and full disc encryption talk would be great!

Iv not attended a meeting yet despite being on this list for something like 3 years! Maybe il pop in one of these days!

Josh

There are always ways to keep big bro at bay. up for it
mike

public key
> ox24218c98
available at
pool.sks-keyservers.net, subkeys.pgp.net, pgp.mit.edu,
ldap://certserver.pgp.com