[Preston] Help Needed: Installing Wireless Software

Chris Tompkins chris.tompkins at phonecoop.coop
Thu May 22 18:27:17 BST 2008

The cunning plan is to install a Wireless LAN USB Adapter ("Dongle"?).
The package states that the driver supports (amongst other things) Linux
Debian, so I am assuming that I can install it on my Ubuntu systems
(version 8.04)

The problem is one of knowledge, attempts at things like RTFM are
currently beyond me.  The task is, as far as I can tell, to add some
software in a directory called: /etc/Wireless/RT73STA/.

The request is for someone with knowledge of this sort of thing to
explain what the words in the "Build Instructions" mean.  (All of the
documentation and software exists on a CD.)

The way my brain works, I'm a slow learner and I think I'm a couple of
stages before I can go to a typical help forum.

I'd be grateful,

Regards,

Chris