[Preston] (no subject)

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Aug 3 11:23:36 UTC 2009

wishlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Bcc:
Subject: Liverpool Linux User Group Meeting - 5th August 2009
Liverpool Linux User Group

Wednesday August 5, 2009 from 7:00pm - 8:00pm

Liverpool Social Centre
96 Bold Street
Liverpool, England L1 4HY

Liverpool Linux User Group are a group of Linux and open source software users that meet on the first
Wednesday of the month. If no talk is organised then we will usually organise a “open stage”
for people to discuss projects, current news, or just to rant.

Main Talk
We have no talk organise for this month, but we'll be discussing the possibility of a LTSP based
solution for LSC. We will also (hopefully) be reviewing the centre's PCs so please bring along a
screwdriver and Ubuntu CDs and be ready to get a little dirty.

Open Stage
The stage will be opened for anyone to pimp their current projects or give a short talk about any
subject.

Usually, some people will meet up in “The Old Ropewalk” pub before the meeting, then head out
to the event around 7:00pm. The Liverpool Social Centre is two doors up from Forbidden Planet and is
the right-hand door at the front of “News From Nowhere”. Check the window for a handy Liverpool
LUG sign, which will indicate we are there and not still at the pub. Press the white doorbell for
access (the one marked basement) and someone will come up and open the door for you.

After any talks are finished will usually stay in the meeting area until 8:00pm then head out to a
local pub, depending on recommendations of the night it maybe The Welkin at the bottom of Lord Street,
or another pub in the local area.

If you have any questions, or want to offer yourself up for a last minute talk, drop me a mail. Please
forward on this mail to anyone you think maybe interested in our meetings.

Website: http://livlug.org.uk/
Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4181302
WTG: http://www.wheresthegeeks.co.uk/liverpool/2009/08/liverpool-linux-user-group

--