[Preston] Meeting venue

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 11 11:52:03 UTC 2010

Guy Heatley wrote:
>>> New Brit down Heatley St (next to the music shop). Its small and cosy
>>> and I can't imaging it would be too busy on Tuesdays.

>> I haven't been there since the 80s. Do they
>> still do that scrumpy? :-)

> Not sure - but they have some decent draft ales.

Always a requirement :)

> I always remember the New Brit being a rock pub,

Definitely - a bit like the Swan here in Liverpool.

 > but they seem to have
> softened their allegiance to rock/metal of late.

My ears aren't up to it any more, anyway ;)

My recent visits to Preston (#Open09 &
a bit of teaching at UCLAN) have given me
an opportunity to revisit The Black Horse
- pleased to see no changes there. :-)

  - Richard

--
http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley
- food & gardening tweets displacing occasional bits of techie talk.

http://twitter.com/hsNW
- #hackspace tweets for NW England & N Wales