[Preston] Linux on HP pavilion desktop

Chris Tompkins chris.tompkins at phonecoop.coop
Sun Apr 10 14:11:38 UTC 2011

I have two HP lappies.  An old one on permanent loan to my son, running
Ubuntu something and I am typing this on an HP Pavilion dv9823em.

I started off with Ubuntu 8.04.  No difficulty getting stuff working
except microphones and wifi.

IIRC, with Ubuntu 8.10 (or maybe 9.04) everything worked perfectly.
(Even went into Linux super-smug mode)

I'm currently using Mint 9 Isadora, 32 bit edition.  Everything is fine.
  No probs.  I'm planning to try out Mint 10 64 bit version later this
month.

I'm with Mike Sharpe on this one.  Make sure you have an error free
master disk and either clean your CD reader or use the USB stick option.

Good luck,

Chris