[Ryedale] Our second meeting

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 12:22:22 BST 2006

Hi Folks,

I'd just like to say thanks to all who came last night.  Six people at
our second meet having done so little lately is a good turn-out in my
book.  Even more pleasing was the variety of topics discussed/covered.
With three laptops on show it's starting to feel like a proper user
group.

It was very nice to meet Iain and Ash and Paul too who didn't know he
was coming until the last minute as I understand it.  Ash and Paul made
quite a journey to attend last night; I hope you found it worthwhile.

Paul is relatively new to Linux and I'm sure he'll not be upset if I say
hasn't really got to grips with it yet.  So to help him get started
he'll be bringing a machine to the meet next month and we'll help him
install Debian.  The date and venue of this meet have yet to be
arranged, but I hope to get this done soon.

I have updated the website with a little piece about last nights meet
and the limited information we have yet about the next.  I'll try my
best to keep on top of this as there's nothing worse than out of date or
incorrect information on group sites.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you all at the next meet.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>