[Ryedale] Licky End

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 13:10:52 BST 2006

Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> I know your going to say "Strange subject line"

Too right.

> Al did you use Google analytics on Ryedale lug for those who don't
> know what it is
> http://www.google.com/analytics/
> Google Analytics tells you everything you want to know about how your
> visitors found you and how they interact with your site.

Sorry, no.  I've not had chance yet, but will look into it further when
the time becomes available.

> Checked out my blog to see what sort of visitors I had up and down the
> country and Licky End came on map. Licky End is in Worchester.

I thought you were making this up as I couldn't find it with google map.
However, Lickey End does indeed exit near Bromsgrove.  Bizarre!  Do you
think the main street is called Shaftsmore Lane? :)

> I have add Ryedale lug to all my email sig maybe you all could do that
> to generate more interest to Lug

This is clearly up to the individual.  I've a link from my own site to
the LUG and I think that's sufficient.  My sig could easily end up many
lines in length if I tried to include off the groups I'm connected with
or interested in.  I'm sure many of you are similarly placed.

>                                  ,well that's the easy part but the
> hardest part is creating a poster  at my work they are happy to let me
> print them off any sizes.

> Any good designers on this lug?

A good question Fintan.  We do need to get something organised for some
sort of leaflet/poster campaign.  I'd really like to see some
advertising for Jonathan's Perl talk if possible.  Perhaps, if time
allows, everyone could have a go and show our efforts at the next meet.
We then use these as a starting point and refine it from there.

Finally, I've just added Dave's description and mugshot to the members
page.  Enjoy!

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>