[Ryedale] September meeting details

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 16:58:21 BST 2006

On 08/09/06, Al Girling <al at gcguk.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Things seem to be coming together in a reasonable fashion this month.
> Our next meeting is due on the 18th and will be held at the Brooklyn
> Centre where we will install a copy of Debian for Paul Whitehead.
>
> For info on how to get there; please look at:
>
> http://ryedale.lug.org.uk/meet.html
>
> It might be overkill for everyone to be involved in this, so perhaps we
> should plan for some other things to do/discuss.  Fintan has posted
> about Revolution OS.  A film which promotes Linux and Open Source
> Software, we have access to a data projector and if Fintan has managed
> to get a copy we could show this.

Been told I can download it so I will let you know soon if I got it

 Or some thing I'd like to look at,
> but have had no time to try is using a live distro from a USB pen.  I've
> downloaded one from the Catux LUG so we might try that.  I think I'm
> right in saying that Dave has been successful with this in the past.
> Perhaps you'd care to comment Dave.

I have FireFox anti virus and filezilla on my usb key .. very useful
when I am on someones else's computer carry my book marks on the go.

> If anyone has anything else we might try that might need a little
> preparation, please shout and we'll try and get it organised.
>
> This looks like it could be a good third meeting.  Let's hope it all
> goes according to plan. :)
>
> Toodle pip,
>
> Al
>
> P.S.  I should have mentioned; the centre has a kitchen so we'll be able
> to make tea and coffee.  I might even make more cake!

Save a piece for me I will def turn up :-)
Can you give me the postcode of the destination so I can put it in my sat nav.
Paul I can give you a lift if you want (or anybody who live between
Kirkbymoorside and Malton)

Fintan