[Ryedale] Getting from Hull to Malton (was: OpenSourceHowTo.org)

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 10:05:52 BST 2007

Jamie Adams wrote:
> Al Girling wrote:
>

> >Any chance you might be over in April to sample the cake? ;)
>
> Malton is still a bit far out from me :)

I appreciate that, though it would be nice to catch up in person.

> If I do turn out to be in the area at the time of a meet then i'll make
> sure I get there.

OK.

> Does anyone of the Hull or Beverley lot come to your meets?

We've not had anyone across yet.  I used to go over to the Beverley
meets occasionaly and went to an infopoint stall at a Hull computer fair
once which had been organised by the Hull LUG.  I ended up manning the
stall for a bit as only one person had turned up to run it.

I really like to get better connections with all the LUGs surrounding
us, but haven't had the time yet.  Really down to me though as I'd like
to get a few talks/tutorials together which I can present to these
groups in the hope we might encourage them to come to us too.

If this starts to happen this year then you might be able to cadge a
lift from someone heading over. :)

Ho hum, well I'd best be off as I've a trailer to finish so as I can get
some grass cut tomorrow!

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>