[Ryedale] New ADSL Router giving me grief.

Paul melchizedek_pr at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:03:22 BST 2007

Thanks for your responses guys. Thankfully I got the problem sorted over the weekend. It was kind of a two parter. I'm not sure it should be, but that's how it worked out. I got my browser going by disabling ipv6. Simple as that. The problem with synaptic seemed related to my D-Link modem. To get that sorted I had to remove my DNS and add some new ones.

So all is well. I was a bit cheesed at first because one of the reasons I bought the router was so I could run live distro's and not have to mess around getting connected to the net. After thinking about it however it's not that much of a problem. I'm happy to use Konqueror in such circumstance and I can't imagine needing to run any of the update software....so all is not lost.

Kind regards...Paul