[Ryedale] your set up.

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:36:45 GMT 2007

what's your set up at home? do you have a mail server website server?
if so what's distro?

I have 3 pc's at home

1 has windows duel booted with Debian (was fedora for a number of years)
1 pc spare to try out different distros practise and to take to lug
1 pc old just (Pentium II) sits their doing nothing.

I know you could use old one for firewall but I have one in built in router.
I am thinking of using old one to host my blog when hosting runs out
with 1and1.co.uk. also install mail server so I can ssh from work or
where ever I am to use mutt to read emails.
Also use it to read newsgroup using slrn and raggle to read blogs.
I can set up all these no problem except mail server as I can't get
round how to get it working. Don't understand MX and the likes 1and1
FAQ on mx confusing as hell and the picture tutorials looks nothing
like mine when I want to set up MX.

Would like a step by step  instructions' or any good links to get me started?

oh by the way it will Debian installed but  I am happy to use any distro :-)

Fintan