[Ryedale] Debian installed

Paul Teasdale pdt at ryetek.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 21:44:47 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 15:09, Fintan Gaughan wrote:

> installed Debian!!

Excellent!

> Found out why I couldn't install Debian as I have forgot to select
> desktop when installing from this disk... doh!!!

To be honest with you I have usually don't install the desktop packages when
installing Debian. That way I can choose exactly what I want and don't want
when I install the desktop packages after the initial install. I tend to find
I get all sorts of stuff I don't use when I select the desktop option during
an install.

> Had a really good play with it, I am ditching fedora now I am torn
> between Debian and Ubuntu.
> yeah I know they are the same :-)

They're both good but I still prefer Debian.

> seriously Debian installed now and only 1 problem is the terminal
> fonts a bit on small size but I how do I get to to the correct size
> permanently?

Is it Gnome or KDE. I know how to change the terminal fonts permanently in KDE
but I suspect you are using Gnome.

Regards,
Paul.