[Ryedale] Debian installed

Paul Teasdale pdt at ryetek.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 08:42:59 GMT 2007

Fintan wrote:

>> > seriously Debian installed now and only 1 problem is the terminal
>> > fonts a bit on small size but I how do I get to to the correct size
>> > permanently?
>> >
>> Is it Gnome or KDE. I know how to change the terminal fonts permanently in
>> KDE
>> but I suspect you are using Gnome.
>>

> KDE.. Never use gnome cant stand it!
>
> Fintan

What you needs to do then is go into Settings -> Fonts and select the font
you desire. To make it permanent select Settings -> Save As Default. This
will store your chosen font. This will only change the settings for your
current login.

I'm not sure about this with out looking but you may be able to change it
for everyone by locating the correct rc file for the konsole app and setting
it in there. Look in /usr/share/apps/konsole and you'll see what I'm getting
at. From memory I think there is a load of config files in this location so
I'll leave it to you to work out what needs to be changed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Paul.