[Ryedale] Lunar Eclipse and Occultation of Saturn this weekend

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 15:33:57 GMT 2007

On 28/02/07, Al Girling <al at gcguk.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I know it's not Linux related, but it is pretty geeky!  This weekend we
> should, weather permitting, see an occultation of Saturn as it passes
> behind the moon and also a total lunar eclipse.  For further details
> see:
>
> http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/yorknews/display.var.1220870.0.moon_shadows.php
>
> As we live in an area with minimal light pollution I'd urge you to make
> the effort to see these.
>
> Enjoy,

 Brilliant, my 5 year old son Euan interested in space and satellite
technology  and I have been trying to find  websites  suitable for his
age group but with no success. It doesn't interest me but happy to
join in with him that if I know where to look!

So expect us 2 looking out on Friday and Saturday :-)

Fintan

Fintan