[Ryedale] Introducing A Podcast And Book For Newcomers To Linux

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 14 09:37:57 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

This just arrived and I thought it might be of interest.

Al

----- Forwarded message from Marland Dunn <mardunn at verizon.net> -----

From: Marland Dunn <mardunn at verizon.net>
To: ryedale at lug.org.uk
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:58:06 -0500
Subject: Introducing A Podcast And Book For Newcomers To Linux

 Hi Ryedale LUG,

I'm Marland Dunn and I love using the Linux graphical desktop and my
mission in life is to bring awareness and help with the adaptation and
acceleration of Linux on desktop computers worldwide. This is why I
started a podcast and wrote a book on using Linux on a desktop computer
for newcomers to Linux.

Linux on the Desktop (Linux Desktop For Beginners) Podcast is a podcast
for people new to Linux that focuses exclusively on how to use Linux on
a desktop computer. The Linux on the desktop Podcast only talks about
how to use Linux on a desktop computer and not news and events. This is
what makes Linux on the desktop Podcast different.

Linux Desktop For Beginners is an introduction to Linux and Open Source
Software written to give a quick, but thorough overview and
understanding of the Linux desktop in the easiest possible fashion.?

My goal with Linux on the Desktop Podcast and Linux Desktop For
Beginners is to help people new to Linux become comfortable and
confident using Linux on a desktop computer by supplementing and
complimenting each other.

Go to the Linux on the desktop Podcast web site at
www.linuxonthedesktop.orgto download the podcast episodes, read the show
notes, join the Linux on the desktop Community Frappr Map and learn more.

Linux Desktop For Beginners is available at www.lulu.com/content/504889

?Linux and Open Source bring the world closer by using software with
Freedom and Choice.?

Cordially,

Marland Dunn
mardunn at verizon.net