[Ryedale] old laptop debian installed

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 00:23:27 BST 2008

PCMCIA  not detected as i have put Linux acpi=off when installing
Debian otherwise Debian wouldn't be installed.
correct me if i am wrong that seem to disable pcmia as i have noticed
wireless card link light goes off when i do that.

I just  installed Ubuntu (xubuntu)  but only problem i have is when
starting terminal it reboots laptop.

grrr

never realised laptops are more problematic compared to PC

Fintan

--

My Blog http://www.finllfixit.co.uk/