[Ryedale] OT Collecting used stamps

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 15:55:20 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I was wondering if I might ask you if you might collect your used stamps
for me.  If you already collect them for a charity then I'll not try to
persuade you to change your allegiance at my request, but if you don't
already collect; I'd be grateful for any contributions.

I'm a member of 'The Wey and Arun Canal Trust' and they accept stamps to
raise funds to pay for the work the trust does to restore the canal to
working order.  Not the only way they raise funds, but a simple one that
takes little effort.

I know this project has nothing to do with the area we live in, and I'm
sure the restoration of canals is far away from the interests of many of
you, but I've been very impressed with the work carried out by the group
and wish to support it in it's attempts to reconnect the inland waterway
network to the south coast again.

For full details, have a look at: http://www.weyandarun.co.uk/

I do appreciate this won't appeal to all, but you can see from the
trusts website that there's more happening than folks clearing trees and
getting muddy.

Seasons greetings

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>