[Ryedale] July Meeting

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 11:37:39 BST 2008

Hi folks,

Rather than leaving it til the last minute as with June, I'd like to get
the ball rolling for the July meeting now.  I'd like to have a mini OSM
gathering based at the Brooklyn Centre (which should appear on the OSM
map this week).  If this idea generates some interest I'll go ahead and
book the room there.

If we can sort out an Internet connection to be able to upload files
and make edits to the map I'll invite folks from further afield with
more OSM experience so we might learn more about the subject.

A couple of things for future meetings.

I've made the first steps towards having a session, similar to my
GRAMPS this is how I do it, for Audacity and music with Linux.  Early
days and I think more arm twisting and pint buying is required yet, but
would this bring folks through the door?

Similarly, I've discovered someone who has worked on Stellarium, an
astronomy package.  Should I go into arm twisting/pint buying mode to
persuade him what a splendid idea it would be to come and show us what
Stellarium can do?

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>