[Ryedale] RyeLUG website license

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 20 19:13:45 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

I thought I should put this to the LUG as a whole to get your opinions.

We currently have a 'Copyright © Ryedale Linux User Group' at the bottom
of each page.  I've been thinking that to be in keeping with the general
Free Software/Open Source world we should be using a creative commons
license.  If you've not looked at them before, take a look at:

http://creativecommons.org/

Having read up on the subject it seems there is quite a choice
available.  Though I think I would rather the chosen license be either
'Attribute & Share Alike' or 'Attribute, Non-Commercial & Share Alike'.
I'd like to hear from you folks as I know some of you already use
creative commons licenses for you web sites etc.

Suggestions and comments please?

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>