[Ryedale] Open streetmap

Stephen O'Neill squid at thefloatingfrog.co.uk
Thu May 22 07:56:49 BST 2008

Al Girling wrote:
> Sorry if that came across as a STFW type reply.  Certainly wasn't my
> intention.

Not at all - I just didn't want to seem like a hypocrite as it annoys me
when a swift Internet search gives the answer without bugging a mailing
list... I had tried but failed and got confused.

> I can't stand wiki pages generally as I can rarely find the
> same page twice, so assume others struggle with them also.

I only found the wiki at all by doing a search for "garmin
openstreetmap" - if it was linked from the OSM front page then I
completely missed it. That got me to a Garmin page but given the lack of
apparent structure/hierarchy in a wiki I couldn't then find a general
GPS/recommendations page for beginners - ergo I asked you guys!

--
Stephen O'Neill
w: http://www.thefloatingfrog.co.uk/
e: squid at thefloatingfrog.co.uk