[Ryedale] Star Party

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 12:12:46 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I realise this is very short notice, but thought some would like to know
that I've been setting up a Star Party in Burythorpe for tomorrow night
the 10th October.

Essentially, John harper from the Scarborough and Ryedale Astronomical
Society is coming to the pavilion at the sports ground in Burythorpe.
See the link:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=54.0755&mlon=-0.790709&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

Hopefully, a few of his colleagues will be coming too so that people will
get the chance to look through telescopes to see the night sky in a
place with very little light pollution.  In the event of poor weather,
he's bringing a laptop and data projector to show what would have been
seen had the skies permitted.

Entry is free, though donations towards the Burythorpe Sports and Social
Club will be gratefully received.  Refreshments will be available.

Starts from 7.00pm and runs till 10.00pm-ish.

Hope to see some of you there.

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>
Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>