[Ryedale] Star Party

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 13:01:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 01:28:07PM BST, Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> Al Girling wrote:
> > I realise this is very short notice, but thought some would like to know
> > that I've been setting up a Star Party in Burythorpe for tomorrow night
> > the 10th October.
>

> This sounds like excellent fun ... too far at short notice for me sadly.

Sorry about that shortness of notice.  Life here has been very stressful
again.  My father-in-law who was seriously ill passed away Monday
morning.  So while I'm responsible for the organisation of this event my
thoughts and efforts have been elsewhere.  I know you all understand.

> I'm still of a mind to come to this month's meeting - is it still going
> to be at the Brooklyn centre or is it going to become a social?

Similarly, I've done nothing toward the October meeting either.  Though
I've not received any requests for things to do at a Brooklyn Centre
meeting either.  As mentioned in earlier posts, I'm reluctant to book
the centre without something constructive taking place.  It really isn't
the place for a social meet.

With this in mind I shall say those interested should meet at the
Spotted Cow for a social, and I shall do my best to get there.

Al Girling

Linux User: #290080             <http://counter.li.org>
Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>