[Ryedale] GIMP problem

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Wed May 6 08:54:19 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I was wondering if someone would be willing to take a look at an image
for me please?

I have a new digi camera which is very nice, but when I try to view the
images it creates with GIMP I get a message saying that the plugin
failed and GIMP can't open the image.  It seems to be viewable with all
other methods I try, but it's clearly frustrating to find my image
editing software unable to deal with said images.  I'd be interested to
know if another version of GIMP and it's plugins has similar problems
and if installing a newer version will solve my problems.

Have a look at http://al.sdf-eu.org/tmp/derwent_slip-canoe.jpg though be
warned it's in its original size from the camera at 1.5Mb.

Cheers,

Alistair Girling

Home-page:                      <http://al.sdf-eu.org>